Sunday, July 19, 2009

Manglish??

English and Malay are 2 totally different languages. The vocabulary for both languages is extremely vast. And when it comes into the grammar interpretation, you’ll find it very hilarious when you try to translate Malay sentences to English in a direct way(ie; direct translation). Here’s a good example to look into.

CASE:

Tija ingin break up dengan boyfriendnya yang Mat Salleh melalui email. Ini adalah kandungan email tersebut:

“Hi. My motive write this mail to give you know something. I want to cut connection us.

I saw you play three wood in front my eyes. So, I break connection to pull my body from this love. I have think about this cook cook. I know I clap one hand only.

I don’t trust you again! You really crocodile land! I don’t want you to play with my liver. I have been crying until no more eye water. I don’t want banana fruit two times. Safe walk!!

Yours truly,

Tija


So, the moral of the story is, think of it yourself…~hahahaha!!!


reFfz~

1 comment: